Friday, March 07, 2014

MHB- Week Fifteen- Awesome

 This was a great week for me and working out! I felt awesome, I had tons of energy and I feel really positive about continuing my workout when I return to work on the 17th..!!

MONDAY-

 Day 1- Strength and Endurance Workout. I did it, with some grunting and groaning along the way. In the photos above I'm showing a burpee.

 I am demonstrating a rotating bent over row in the photos above. It's one of those exercises that I enjoy doing because it just feels good.

Goals: Keep up my positive and upbeat energy!

Improvements: Last time I did this workout I mentioned that I wanted to push myself until the very last second of each round in the workout. I definitely did that and it felt great.

TUESDAY- 

Demonstrating a combination of punches and kicks.

As promised an example of the "Uchi Mata" kick I mentioned demonstrating last week.
 Day 2- Fight Conditioning Workout. It's official; I'm no longer getting together with my mom friends to do stroller fit workouts. My RushFit calendar has changed up when I do cardio, so I'm going to stick with the program. Plus, my last week with Alina is next week and my in laws will still be in town. So I think I'll probably just go to the gym on cardio days.

Goals: I need to work on the Scramble in the last round. I ended up quitting ten seconds early because I thought I was finished and then it was too late to get back into it. I bet I could improve my form if I watch the foundation section of the workouts. It's at the end of each workout and George St. Pierre and Eric Owens demonstrate slowly how to do each exercise properly.

Improvements: I'm consistent and I think that's an improvement from last month!

WEDNESDAY-

Day 3- Cardio. I felt very really good doing this workout and I felt like I had lots of energy. I am still doing The Cardio Machine Workout created by Lisa at Happy Fit. I modify the workout to suit me from week to week.

Round 1- Run at a Speed of 6 at an Incline of 6.5 for 30 seconds. Jog for another 30.
Repeat twice.
Do 20 wall push-ups and a half head stand at the wall.
 
Round 2- Run at a Speed of 6.5 at an Incline of 7 for 30 seconds. Jog for another 30.
Repeat twice.
Do 20 Rotating Curls with 5 pound weights and a half head stand at the wall.
Round 3- Run at a Speed of 6 at an Incline of 6.5 for 30 seconds. Jog for another 30.
Repeat Twice.
Do 20 wall push-ups and a half hand stand at the wall.

 Goals: To increase my speed and incline next week.

Improvements: I feel like I had lots of energy and so I think it's time to challenge myself again.

THURSDAY- 






Day 4- Abdominal Strength and Core Conditioning Workout. I am adjusting to the interruptions very well and keeping up with my exercises despite them. As you can see in the picture above, my little friend joined me. We set up Monster's University on the tablet for her to be distracted by while I finished up. She's a good sport!

Goals: Focus on my workout even more. Pause the workout when Rob needs me to help him find his headphones because he's late, instead of running out of the room and missing half of an exercise.

Improvements: I wanted to focus better on my workout with the interruptions and even though I was interrupted and missed a few seconds of an exercise, I still feel like I've improved.

FRIDAY-





 Day 5- Cardio. The last day of the week and my workouts for a couple of days! Hurray! There was another lady in the teeny, tiny gym so I went to the SCBA Room at the fire hall and did some skipping instead. To be honest, it sucked. Skipping is really hard and I kept whipping my legs and hands with the leather skipping rope.

Round 1- Skip for 1 minute and rest for thirty seconds.
Repeat twice.
Do 20 wall push-ups and a half head stand at the wall.
 
Round 2- Skip for 1 minute and rest for thirty seconds.
Repeat twice.
Do 20 wall push-ups and a half head stand at the wall.
Round 3- Skip for 1 minute and rest for thirty seconds.
Repeat Twice.
Do 20 wall push-ups and a half hand stand at the wall.

 All in all it I felt that even though I didn't get a chance to do the cardio machine workout, the skipping did the trick too. 

 It is Friday, my in-laws arrived from Ontario on Thursday for Alina's first birthday this weekend! I can't believe that last year on this day, I was as big as a house. My mother in law brought Thunder Bay's Infamous Persians for me to snack on. I swear the Persians induced my labour! Today, after the gym I came home and fit into my skinny jeans! No joke, the one pair of jeans that I haven't even attempted to try on, fit me on my one year anniversary of my fattest day in history! It's a good day! 

That infamous Persian and the last picture on my phone before SHE arrived!!
Last belly shot picture before A arrived last year and today! in my skinny jeans!! Woop woop!
   To see how I started my Mission Hot Bod and the weeks that followed- feel free to check these posts out-

MHB- Week 1     MHB-Week 2     MHB-Week 3     MHB-Week 4     MHB-Week 5                                                                                                                                                         
MHB-Week 6     MHB-Week 7     MHB-Week 8     MHB-Week 9     MHB-Week 10    

MHB-Week 11     MHB-Week 12   MHB- Week 13   MHB-Week 14

 It is also #backthatazzup Friday with Yoga Pants. So I give you a song that makes me think of my little girl. Moments before she was born, the sun lit up the entire hospital room and it was by far the most beautiful thing I've ever experienced. Here's one of my favourite George Harrison tunes; "Here Comes The Sun." 




7 comments:

Happy Fit said...

Haley Haley! You rock, girlfriend! Way to go. Careful don't hurt me with all that lean muscle mass when we HIGH FIVE! :)

Heather @ The Maritime Reader said...

You look awesome Haley!! Happy 1st birthday to sweet Alina!! I love the way you feel about Here Comes the Sun...I love that song and we have a framed picture of some of the lyrics in Molly's room! :)
Have a great time with your in-laws!!

Alex[andra] said...

You might have mentioned this before, but how do you know what workouts to do? That's the problem I'm running into now. I want to focus on my tummy, so I do a lot of ab workouts, but I know I should be doing full-body. I just don't know where to begin!

You look fantastic btw!

Jade Wright said...

Haley!!! Congratulations!! You are looking incredible and look HAPPY too!! All those endorphins are working!!

Happy birthday to gorgeous little Alina!!!

Have a very happy weekend!! xxxx

www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Your stomach looks fabulous! x

Deidre said...

You're amazing! Great job! I always giggle when anyone says burpees...I mean, what's with that name?

Unknown said...

Seriously you are killing it. Meeting your goals and going above and beyond with them, so great! OMG look at your belly!!! I am behind in blog reading so I hope Alina's birthday was great and I know this is the beginning of your last week with her. Soak up every second of it!