Monday, July 28, 2014

My Toddler Is An Addict

 My not-so-much-a-baby girl is an addict. She is so young, yet she can't help how her addiction makes her feel. It causes uncomfortable impulses like walking up to complete strangers and touching their feet. That's right; she's a shoe addict. She can't get enough of them. It doesn't matter if it's an old sandy, dirty daddy sandal or a brand spankin' new pair of Carter's too big to wear sparkling Nonna special. Now that Alina's Nonna has caught wind that Alina is obsessed with footwear, it's becoming a monthly gift.

A pair of Nonna specials! One of her very favourites..
 Alina will bring me my Toms while I'm getting ready to go somewhere because she just knows that her mommy will eventually need some shoes with her outfit. She could be at the peek of a complete and total meltdown and then I flash her her shoes and she will instantly brighten up. The shoes are also a reason for a fit because she isn't too eager to remove them.

  Shoes! from HJunks on Vimeo.

 We bought her those light up shoes when we were in Victoria a couple of weekends ago and it was more of a gift for us just to see her reaction. I'm so glad Rob recorded it so I could share it!

 I wonder if her shoe addiction will carry into adulthood. Will she be like Carrie Bradshaw, and have a closet full of shoes and an empty fridge?! Who knows... What I do know is that it's a really incredible experience being a parent. I get to see Alina's little personality unfold, her interests become clearer and I'm starting to really figure my girl out! Me thinks that this Christmas there will be a few shoe boxes wrapped under the tree...

Resemblance.. ?

Alina rocks the bright pink and blue mary janes in any occasion..

So.. ask your mom! Did your interests show early on in your life?! 

Were you a shoe wearing, purse slinging one year old?


 

7 comments:

Brianna said...

Oh my goodness...this is just precious! I'm also REALLY glad Rob recorded it...seeing miss Alina in all her glory is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing, girl!

Amanda said...

I am dying from all the cuteness! Also those shoes are just precious! x

Lisa-Jade said...

Those are so aborable!! Alina rocks the heck out of those shoes, for sure!
Libby is just as shoe obsessed as Alina :) and I'm not complaining!

Jade Wright said...

This is far too adorable for words!!! What a sweetheart! A proper little lady :D

www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

Tabitha Lee said...

So adorable! Love the little mary jane's. Love that she is already addicted. I was addicted to shoes at a young age. I got it from my mom. hehe

One Stiletto At A Time said...

Coming from a fellow shoe addict, this is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!

xoxo One Stiletto At a Time

La Maman Heureuse said...

Way to go Alina! I love how she reacts to those shoes, that little face, just priceless! I was the same as a little kid and had a well-defined style, still am like that!

I might have passed that on to my own little girl, she's the same with shoes. Already quite the collection and she knows what she likes LOL

And she's rocking those mary-janes!